It’s 2015. Gone are the days when you could pull together a Google AdWords campaign and wait for the traffic to roll in. Now, with Google cracking down on certain marketing techniques, SEO is by far the most effective way of bringing targeted visitors to your website. And if you want to be competitive in today’s market, it’s something that every business needs to consider seriously.
Guide On How To Build An SEO Strategy For Your SaaS Startup:
Initial keyword research
By using tools such as KWFinder or SEMRush, you can see what keywords your competitors rank for and use them as a starting point for your own efforts. You then need to look at more generic terms – there might not be much demand for your niche, but if you aim for the broader terms that people are searching for, then there might be more opportunity.
Google Trends is king!
There are a number of tools available to help you discover what’s trending online. These can give you invaluable insight into what’s popular at any given moment, which in turn enables faster growth and quicker success. Use these to decide on the type of content you’ll create, what kind of language to use throughout your site and how best to present this information across all channels.
Keep it simple – less is more… most of the time!
You need to have succinct landing pages with clear messaging that tells visitors exactly what they’re going to get when they sign up or make a purchase.
Don’t be afraid of jargon, as this can really help to build trust and credibility. But minimize the use of buzzwords as much as possible. If you want your business to appeal to as many people as possible, it’s important not to alienate those who aren’t already familiar with your niche by using language that is too complex or specific.
The power of social media
There are numerous platforms that enable users and businesses alike to connect with each other and share content across various networks – Facebook and Twitter being two popular examples. These sites will all have their own rules about what kind of promotional material you’re allowed to post. So check them before uploading anything new. One great way for startups to spread awareness is to create a branded hashtag that your community can use to share their thoughts, experiences, and even pictures with you. By monitoring this hashtag, you’ll be able to amplify the reach of any campaign where it is used.
Stay on top of things – monitor results!
All of the most successful companies use tools. Such as Google Analytics to track exactly what’s working and what isn’t with their SEO strategy. With key performance indicators (KPIs) in place from the start. You’ll have a much better idea of which areas need tweaking. And which are going along swimmingly well with minimal effort. This enables you to keep up momentum without wasting too much time on projects that don’t really pay off in the end.
The Major Reason Why A Lot Of Entrepreneurs And Marketers Fail To Create A Successful Product
The major reason why a lot of entrepreneurs and marketers fail to create a successful product. It is because they ignore the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) aspect. Your product/service will never get enough traction other than thru the internet. The world has become a global village. And people are looking for everything at their fingertips via Google or Bing search engine.
When you run an internet business, it’s not just about promoting your brand; but more importantly about delivering targeted traffic to your website. If you can’t attract organic traffic to your service/product. You’ll notice that all the money and resources spent on advertising and marketing will be down the drain.
To make things even more difficult for digital marketers there’s no SEO map available like how TV, radio, or newspaper ads are shown. The reason for this is the lack of Meta tags and keywords doesn’t help search engine crawlers to pinpoint your target audience. As a result, you’ll need to invest more time and money into achieving it.
In this post we have highlighted a few effective strategies that can aid you in SaaS SEO services, also having a list of tools that will help you to streamline your efforts.
Tips for Optimizing Your Product/Service on Google SERP
The following points will be helpful when working on Search Engine Ranking Position (SERP) to improve organic traffic from Google:
- Use correct title tag: The most important factor in optimizing a web page is using the right meta-tags. It includes H1 heading tags, keywords, etc. The title tag should be less than 70 characters. And it’s really important that you include your target keywords at the beginning.
- Use image alt tag: Another Meta-tag helping Google in understanding what a web page is all about. But make sure to use keywords wisely.
- Focus on user experience: If people are not visiting your site again and again then don’t expect them to buy from your website. Hence having an interesting website design with quality content is a must.
- Mobile responsiveness: It has been observed that over 50% of people visit websites via their smartphones. Due to this reason, Google has taken an initiative saying that mobile-friendly responsive sites will have preference over others in SERPs. As a result, if your site isn’t mobile-friendly then you’ll lose business fast.
- Optimize Your Site Structure: With the help of Google’s webmaster tools. You can get a list of keywords that people are using to access your website (organic or paid). Since there may be some technical errors that might be causing difficulty for crawlers to index your site; so ensure checking if your robots.txt file is not blocking any directories/folders.
- Target Long-tail Keywords: The more specific and lengthy search term will give you better results than focusing on broad match keywords like “buy shoes online”. So make sure to write quality content with long-tail keywords rather than short ones as per Google’s SEO Starter Guide.
- Use HTTPS protocol: Search engines tend to favor secure encrypted sites over HTTP which might slightly increase the CTR of a site.
- Don’t focus on exact match keywords: Try adding misspells and related words of the keyword you targeting as Google allows these terms to be included in SERPs. Make use of Schema Markup – This is an emerging trend that may help you rank higher for local searches. It can also give additional information about your business such as opening hours, phone numbers, etc.; you can learn more from this guide by Moz.