A user faces the QuickBooks error 1328 when it installs, uninstalls, or updates its QuickBooks Desktop. Whenever the problem pops up, a message is displayed on the screen that says, “Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp’. To get through this issue, you must go through a few troubleshooting methods so that you operate your QuickBooks again. In this informative article, we have mentioned the causes as well as the debugging methods to fix the error. Have a look at it for a comprehensive understanding.
Have you tried to troubleshoot the error code 1328 in QB several times but were unable to do so? Feel free to connect with our QuickBooks support team for the best solutions via our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Primary Reasons That Causes the Error Code 1328 to Arise
Are you wondering why you are incurring the same problem repeatedly? The error 1328 in QuickBooks comes up primarily due to the following reasons-
- The details you have provided related to your QuickBooks are not accurate.
- The issue can also trigger because of the corrupted QuickBooks installation file.
Recommended to read : Quickbooks online not working with chrome
How to Rectify the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 1328 Quickly?
Are you unable to find the most suitable solutions to eliminate the problem permanently? Well, for that, you must go through the troubleshooting methods we have mentioned in this section of the blog. Check them out below-
SOLUTION 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool After Installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First of all, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file to a convenient location.
- Open the file you downloaded to run it.
- As the installation of the application begins, proceed with the instructions displayed on the screen and accept the terms and conditions.
- After you have completed installing the Tool Hub, go to your desktop and open the program.
- In the following window, go to the ‘Installation Issues’ menu and hit on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Once the tool eliminates the issue, restart your computer and try to install the QuickBooks Desktop again.
SOLUTION 2: Use Clean Install Tool to Install Your QuickBooks Desktop Again
- If you already have QuickBooks installed on your desktop, uninstall it.
- From the Windows ‘Start’ section, open Control Panel.
- Choose ‘Programs and Features’ or ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- From the list, click on QuickBooks Desktop and tap ‘Uninstall/Change’.
- Follow the prompted instructions to remove the application completely.
- Now, download and install the recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After the installation process, Open the Tool Hub.
- Select the ‘installation Issues’ bar and click ‘Clean Install Tool’.
- Hit ‘OK’ and then choose QuickBooks and product version.
- To proceed, tap ‘Continue’ and then a message will appear saying that, “ Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location’; Hit ‘OK’.
- Now, finally, install the QuickBooks Desktop.
We can understand how troublesome it can be to face issues like QuickBooks error 1328 while accessing the QuickBooks Desktop. Even though the software offers a friendly user interface, sometimes it can stop you from opening it and availing of its services. In that case, we suggest immediately dialing 1.800.579.0391 and consulting one of our experts.