Gmail is a famous email service that provides primary emailing functions to users. It allows you to send, receive, forward, and reply to emails. It is a comprehensive, compact, and well-organized platform that enables users to use the service freely. Gmail is available on iPhone, Android, desktop, and laptops, making it more accessible for users. Often, users face issues with Gmail, as they do with other email services as well. You will find how to fix Gmail notifications not working on Android in this blog.
STEPS TO FIX GMAIL NOTIFICATIONS NOT WORKING ANDROID
If you struggle with Gmail notifications and wish to fix this issue using your smartphone, please refer to the solutions mentioned below.
- Open the Gmail application on your smartphone
- Tap on the three bars at the top corner of the application to select Settings
- In your Gmail settings, please select the account that you aren’t receiving the notifications for
- In the new screen, tap on the Notification option and tap on All
- Go back to choose the Inbox notifications option and check the boxes for both options
- Please apply these steps to all your Gmail accounts configured on Gmail mobile application
- Now go to your smartphone’s settings and select Apps
- Locate Gmail in the list of applications and tap to open it
- Toggle the slider next to Show notifications to turn it off and then turn it back on
- Enable all options using the slider
Now that you know how you can fix Gmail notifications not working problems let us move on to changing passwords.
STEPS TO COMPLETE IDENTITY VERIFICATION WITHOUT EMAIL ADDRESS
You are often unable to complete the password recovery process because you don’t receive the emails that Google sends you for identity verification. Fortunately, you can recover your account without the email itself. Please find the steps below to find how.
- Open your web browser and open the Google login page
- Click on Forgot password to reset the password for your account
- Enter your email address so Google can find your account and click on Continue
- Google shall ask you to input the last password you remember, enter it if you do remember, or you can click on I don’t know
- Locate the Verify your identity at the bottom of the window and click on it
- Google shall ask you a few security questions; please answer them correctly
- If you can answer all questions correctly, Google should log you back into your account
However, if you fail to answer all questions, Google won’t let you back into your account. There is one more solution to recover your account even if your Gmail is not receiving emails. It is quite elementary as you only have to choose a different alternative for receiving the security. So, you can choose to receive a security code on your phone number. As soon as you receive it, you can enter it and access your account usually.
How to Change Gmail Password
To change Gmail password on your Android device, please follow the steps below.
- Open the Gmail application on your device
- Tap on Settings and select your email ID
- Tap on Manage your Google Account, then go to the security section
- Under the ‘Signing into Google’ option is the password option – tap on it to reveal a sign-in page
- Enter your credentials to log in and then enter your new password and tap on Change password
Using the instructions mentioned in this blog, you can fix notification problems with Gmail and change your account’s password.