Spotify ad blocker is the only music streaming service that allows customers to listen to music for free. It creates in 2006 in Sweden (with advertisements).
More than 100 million individuals across the world use Spotify’s ad-supported free tier to browse through a database of music licensed from numerous record companies, create playlists, and share them with other users.
If you’re one of Spotify’s 100 million customers, you’d love it if it weren’t for the obnoxious ads that pop up in between songs.
Therefore, We’ve compiled a list of Spotify ad-blocking options to assist you to escape the dreadful experience of being bombarded with ads while listening to music. We also mention the benefits and drawbacks of each option so you can pick the best approach to disable ads on Spotify for a great listening experience.
1: Upgrade to a Premium Subscription on Spotify to remove ads.
Spotify allows customers to purchase a membership that allows them to listen to music without ads for an indefinite period of time. The easiest straightforward way to prevent Spotify ads is to upgrade your free account to a Premium account for $9.99 per month.
The number of paying customers to Spotify’s music streaming service has reached 87 million as of November 2018.
As a Spotify Premium subscriber, you will no longer be subjected to advertisements in between songs, and you will have access to exclusive features available only to Premium members, such as high-quality audio, offline playback, and the ability to play any tune.
To get Spotify Premium, follow these steps:
- Go to the official Spotify website and log in to your account.
- Select GET PREMIUM from the drop-down menu. START MY SPOTIFY PREMIUM and enter your payment information.
- No interruptions from advertisements
- Listen to music in high-definition audio.
- Listen to Spotify tracks offline • Skip any track as many times as you want
Change the host files on Spotify to block ads if you don’t have Premium.
Everyone loves Spotify, and while not everyone wants to pay for Premium, many people are fed up with the adverts that appear in the middle of songs. Changing your host files can help you block advertisements on Spotify.
It uses Spotify advert links to filter and prevent Spotify advertising in your system’s hosts file, ensuring that no ads appear when Spotify tracks are being played.
If you’re using Windows,
- Go to C: WindowsSystem32driversetchosts to look for the host’s file.
- Save and close your host file after adding the list of hosts addresses at the bottom.
- Reopen or relaunch Spotify.
Tips: After modifying the file (you’ll need Administrator capabilities), run ipconfig /flushdns to clear the DNS cache.
If you’re using a Mac:
- Open finder on a Mac and type /private/etc/hosts.
- Save and close your host file after adding the list of hosts addresses at the bottom. (Sudo vim /etc/hosts or sudo nano /etc/hosts can use to modify the file from Terminal.)
- At Last, Close Spotify right-clicks it, and choose ‘Open Package Contents,’ then go to ‘Contents/Resources/Apps,’ and delete ‘ad. spa’.