Contacts in Outlook are equally critical as, if not more important than, emails. Your contacts contain all of the addresses you’ll need for professional or personal correspondence. Before you begin, to save Outlook contacts to vCard format, You’ll need the patience to work through a large number of contacts to export to vCard.
Because so many people use MS Outlook as their primary email application for both personal and business purposes, the data it contains becomes quite valuable. As a result, keeping a backup is always recommended so that you can recover your files in the case of a tragedy or emergency.
A vCard (VCF) file format contains information such as a person’s name, phone number, and address. Custom fields, pictures, and other media are also supported. This format is also very handy for moving contacts between users. We’ve discussed two approaches: a professional approach and a manual approach.
Save Outlook Contact to vCard Manually
The procedures to exporting a contact to vCard in Outlook are as follows.
1. To access your contacts, go to the bottom left of your Outlook navigation window and choose ‘Contacts’ (Outlook 2007, 2010) or ‘People’ (Outlook 2013).
2. Now choose the Outlook contact you want to convert to a vCard:
3. Now select ‘Save As’ from the ‘File’ menu. Choose the folder or location where you want to save the vCard, give it a name, and choose ‘vCard files’ (.vcf) as the Save as type.
4. Finally, save your Outlook Contact into a vCard file by clicking Save.
Multiple Contacts from vCards
The following steps will show you how to export numerous Outlook contacts:
1. From the drop-down menu, choose the contacts you want to convert to vCard.
2. Click Forward Contact on the Home tab, then select the contacts you wish to forward. It may be used as a business card.
3. You’ll get a new message containing the contacts you choose as vCard attachments. This procedure may take some time.
4. Select All from the drop-down menu when right-clicking within the attachment area.
While this method of exporting Outlook Contacts to vCard is handy for many contacts, selecting hundreds of contacts at once is not recommended. This procedure may be handled poorly by Outlook, resulting in file corruption.
If you need to export a large number of contacts, you may need to use a third-party add-on to make the process easier. Microsoft Outlook still makes it difficult to export to vCard.
Alternative Method to Save Unlimited Outlook Contacts to vCard Format
With its feature-rich quality and simple interface, the PST File converter application is the ideal choice for meeting the user’s expectations. This programme has the ability to transfer many files in one go. It even allows you to convert PST to vCard format without any data loss.
Why Should You Use This Tool?
1. Keeps all contact information up to date during the conversion
2. Allows you to see the file’s characteristics.
3. Allows you to transfer many files in one go.
4. Converts files that are orphaned, corrupted, or password-protected.
5. Convert your contacts to vCard format.
6. Detects the default Outlook profile automatically.
7. Scanning and loading of Outlook PST files
8. Ability to transfer all contacts or only certain files
9. Creates individual/separate files for each contact.
You can try both methods and save Outlook contacts to vCard format. However, if you want to export contacts from Outlook data files in bulk then you can use the recommended software. Hope this post is helpful for you.