If you need more coverage from your ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plan, consider applying for the Health Booster plan. It’s a top-up plan that will provide a wide range of sum insured from INR 5 to 50 Lakhs to suit your as well as your family’s needs. And there is a flexible deductible option of – INR 3, 4 or 5 Lakhs. Along with that, discounts of 10% and 12.5% on two and three-year policies, respectively, are also available. You or any member of your family doesn’t need to get pre-policy medical tests if the sum insured is up to INR 10 Lakhs and the oldest member’s age is 45 years. Check more about the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Top-Up Policy.
Basic Coverage of the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Top-Up Plan
When you add a top-up to your existing ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Policy, it will increase the coverage for the following –
- In-patient treatment where you’re hospitalized for more than 24 consecutive hours
- 150 such day care procedures
- In-patient AYUSH treatment
- Donor expenses
- Pre and post hospitalization for up to 60 and 90 days
- Emergency road ambulance up to 1% of the sum insured or INR 5,000 per claim
- Floater cover where you can add up to two adults and three children. The following relations can get covered – spouse, dependent children, brother, sister, dependent parent, grandparents, grandchildren, mother-in-law, father-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, dependent brother-in-law and dependent sister-in-law.
You can renew the top-up health insurance for a lifetime without any age restriction.
What More Can You Get from the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Top-Up?
You can add on any of the following covers to your top-up plan for a wider coverage during the policy term, such as –
Hospital Daily Cash
In this, the company will pay you an allowance of INR one or three thousand if you are hospitalized for three or more consecutive days. This benefit is subject to a maximum of 30 consecutive days per policy year.
When the hospitalization remains for 10 or more consecutive days, a fixed amount shall be payable. And this is available only once during each policy year.
Personal Accident Cover
The company will pay a lump sum amount to the nominated person in case of your accidental death or permanent total disablement. Under this, a maximum of two adults can get covered.
Temporary Total Disablement (TTD) Rehabilitation Cover
In case you meet with an accident and it causes TTD, a fixed amount for rehabilitation will be payable. You can receive this benefit weekly, for up to ten weeks.
Repatriation of Remains
In case of death, the company will pay the cost of transportation of remains to the home.
Critical Illness Cover
Upon the first diagnosis of the specified critical illnesses, you’ll get a lump sum amount. A maximum of two adults can be covered under this add-on.
How to Buy ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Top-Up Plan?
To buy a top-up plan, go through the steps shown below –
- Do ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Login using username and password
- Select ‘Health Booster’ from the available options
- Enter your date of birth and other details
- Click on the ‘Get Quote’ button
- Choose the sum insured and deductible
- Select the ‘Premium Amount’ from the available options
- Add an optional cover
- Click on the ‘Buy’ button
After that, pay the premium amount and complete the process. Now, you can check your policy details and see if the top-up plan is reflected on your account. And if it is not showing the status of your top-up plan, contact the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Customer Care Number.
To file a claim after adding the top-up plan, download the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Claim Form from the company’s website and submit it to the insurer along with the required documents.
Note – The top-up plan will come in force only if the medical expenses exceed the deductible limit.
Read Also:- How Do Banks Choose Who Gets A Credit Card?