The trend of video creation, watching, and sharing was led by an American platform more than 16 years ago. Yes, you guessed it right! It is YouTube. Having surpassed 10 billion downloads on Android, the Google-owned app is leading the way. Undoubtedly, videos attract users through visual elements and engage them better. Entrepreneurs can also take the tech world by storm now. You can come out with an app like YouTube.
How Is YouTube Ahead Of Its Rivals In Video Content?
- Gen Z and gaming content have helped YouTube to retain the pole position in the digital era. The numbers in the first six months of 2021 reflect that. Users live-streamed 90 million hours of content and uploaded videos 250 million times. Besides that, the number of gaming-related views crossed a whopping 800 billion.
- Advertisements continue to be the backbone of YouTube. It pocketed a mind-boggling $7.2 billion in revenue in the third quarter this year. Brands, as well as content creators, generally use YouTube ads to expand their reach. They will get benefits like flexible budgeting, a greater number of subscribers, higher website visits, and quick conversion of viewers into customers.
The Step-By-Step Process To Create An App Like YouTube Is
- Decide your business objectives and the target market. For instance, YouTube is available across more than 90 countries.
- Later, comply with laws and regulations issued by authorities related to data protection, privacy, and security. This will ensure a hassle-free launch of the video-sharing app.
- Finalize the standard and premium features to include in your YouTube clone. Techpreneurs can consider including functionalities like a filter and search mechanism, instant notifications, uploading short videos (15 to 60 seconds), social sharing option, etc. Paid features can include options such as access to the latest songs, ad-free watching of content, background play, and a download mechanism.
- Develop a friendly user interface (UI) that is suitable for all age groups and sections of society.
- Choose the operating system (Android, iOS, and macOS) for launching a video creation and sharing app like YouTube.
- Is that enough? No! Formulate a business plan to generate revenue. You can opt for advertisements, paid memberships, sale of merchandise and tickets for events, subscription plans (quarterly, weekly, and yearly), super emojis and stickers when celebrities and influencers interact with their fans and followers.
- Share your business goals with an app development company. Trained mobile app developers and website designers will create Android and iOS apps.
- Launch the video-on-demand (VOD) platform and captivate netizens across the globe.
What Is The Tech Stack To Develop A YouTube Clone?
Database Management Systems (DMS) – MySQL and PostgreSQL are utilized to maintain the video creation and sharing application. It offers advantages like protection of data, scalability, and uninterrupted watching of videos.
Front-end development tools – React.js is used by UI designers to build the YouTube clone. It provides benefits like quick login of users, an interactive experience while watching videos, and seamless integration with external libraries and frameworks.
Back-end development tools – Node.js enables robust maintenance of the backend. It can handle humongous traffic, stream content on a real-time basis, and analyze the videos being watched and shared by users.
How An App Like YouTube Will Offer Profits For Entrepreneurs?
Subscription Packages – Apart from videos content, YouTube is a hub for various genres like comedy, education, fashion and beauty, gaming, music, politics, sports, etc. Hence, you can offer monthly subscription plans for your target audience. Further, aspiring entrepreneurs can provide discounts and promo codes for kids and students.
Advertisements – Importantly, the backbone of YouTube lies in three types of videos (Video on Demand, Shorts, and Live Streaming). Techpreneurs like you can partner with domestic and international brands and showcase their products and services. Therefore, this will lead to a large increase in the number of daily active users (DAUs) and traffic.
Premium Features – For more than a decade, YouTube has been popular only for its hosting prowess. Users can watch numerous movies, music, sports matches, videos, etc. However, it also added new functionalities like a live control room, membership milestone chats, and super thanks. This assists content creators in knowing the preferences and tastes of their audience and tweaking their videos accordingly.
Set up a Creator Program – If YouTube is a household name now, credits go to its talented content developers and influencers. Digipreneurs can captivate creators with contests, highlight the best-performing ones in the featured section, and share tips and tricks to build a strong community. Is there a Unique Selling Point (USP) in it?
Yes, of course!. You can organize fan competitions, disburse monthly stipends to skilled creators, give rewards to the most loyal followers, and assist creators in conducting events and live shows.
The Core Features Of A YouTube Clone Are
Home Page – It is an advanced content feed that displays the latest and trending videos. Users can check the number of views, the name of the channel, and the time of upload.
Create Button – Content creators can upload their videos effortlessly on an app like YouTube. Besides that, they can go live and keep their whole world engrossed.
Explore Functionality – Cyber citizens can tap the Explore Panel and watch an infinite number of videos. Based on their preferences, users can choose options like fashion and beauty, gaming, learning, music, movies, news, sports, etc.
Library Dashboard – It contains data about the view history of users, downloaded content, and videos to be watched later.
Help Centre – Entrepreneurs can hire a dedicated team for providing 24×7 technical support to content creators, influencers, and users. Prompt responses would be given for solving issues related to account verification, creation of channels, copyright infringement, deletion and hiding of content, intellectual property (IP) violation, and renewal of subscription plans.
Unquestionably, content consumption is changing and YouTube is a trend-setter in it. Moreover, it will focus on Shorts where users can watch interesting clips round-the-clock.
Are you that entrepreneur passionate about disrupting the digital world? Join hands with a leading app development company and launch a customized YouTube clone app soon.