Creators could not make much money from their photos and videos a few years ago. However, the situation changed in November 2016. Which was that platform that transformed content consumption? It is none other than OnlyFans. The British-origin platform introduced subscription plans for users to watch engaging stuff. With Internet penetration and smartphone usage on the rise, it bestows a good deal for entrepreneurs to come out with an OnlyFans clone app and make profits.
OnlyFans: Decoding its stunning growth in 5 years
- From 60,000 active creators in 2019, the number of performing artists has gone to 1.5 million now. Factors like the loss of jobs during the Coronavirus pandemic and rigid censorship guidelines by big tech companies led to a surge in registrations on OnlyFans.
- The London-headquartered subscription platform is expected to earn $1.2 billion in revenue by the end of this year. Its robust financial performance will continue in 2022 with a predicted revenue of $2.5 billion.
- The user base of OnlyFans has also increased. The subscribers have gone from 10 million in July 2019 to more than 150 million in November 2021.
- The 80:20 business model has been a big reason behind the success of OnlyFans. This has enabled content creators to enhance their financial position as they are paid fairly. Moreover, fitness enthusiasts, medical professionals, and TV starlets continue to make merry on the censorship-free platform.
How does an OnlyFans Clone promote freedom of expression?
- The pre-built content subscription platform contains features and functionalities similar to OnlyFans. An app development company will use state-of-the-art frameworks and programming languages to build the Content Delivery Network (CDN). Hence, techpreneurs can entice athletes, celebrities, talented creators, performing artists, and popular influencers across the world.
- Importantly, an OnlyFans like platform encourages content developers to upload snaps and stories effortlessly. They are not under the control of any censorship bodies and governments. Therefore, their ideas are not suppressed nor removed anytime by anyone.
- Eventually, their accounts can display bold, jaw-dropping, and thought-provoking content. Creators need not fear issues like account suspension, warnings by tech companies and social media majors. Moreover, content developers can get rid of stereotypes, question contemporary values, share information transparently, and uplift the rights of minorities.
- Who all can get traction from a content subscription platform like OnlyFans? Aspiring media moguls can enthrall actors, actresses, chefs, dancers, gamers, magicians, musicians, photographers, podcasters, sportspersons, and standup comedians to post their content. Also, creators can post behind-the-scenes content, episodes, exclusive snaps, and rare videos to their die-hard fans.
The alluring features of an OnlyFans Clone Platform are
- Social media login mechanism – Creators, as well as netizens, can quickly sign in on a platform like OnlyFans. They can link their email addresses and social network accounts.
- Brand Resources – How to get high traffic and be the buzz of the entire Internet? The answer is nothing but brands! Domestic and international trends can promote their products actively. They can share photos and videos of newly launched goods. Besides that, corporate enterprises have the freedom in modifying graphic designs and adjust the background, colour, size, space, and text during their campaigns.
- E-Commerce Storefront – Online shopping is booming now amidst the Covid-19 pandemic. You can pocket extra revenue by setting up a digital store. Customers can purchase branded merchandise with just a few clicks on their smartphones. They can add items to their cart, process the required payment, and receive fashion accessories, home and living equipment in a short while.
- Payment Gateways – Content creators can withdraw their income instantaneously on an OnlyFans like subscription platform. Similarly, users can process transactions for goods, subscription plans, Pay-Per-View (PPV), and tips swiftly.
- How is this possible? It is due to robust payment systems. Performing artists and their fans can receive and send money via debit and credit cards, e-wallets, international wire transfers, Original Credit Transfer (OCT), Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), and Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT).
- Referral Program – Creators who have lots of fans and followers on an OnlyFans clone can refer aspiring ones. For which, they must share the unique referral code with talented artists. After the referred content creator joins the OnlyFans like platform, the artist who made the referral will receive a certain commission. Importantly, are the earnings unlimited? Yes! Existing creators can make an unlimited number of referrals.
- Help Desk – Entrepreneurs can uplift the retention rate of their content subscription platform with a 24×7 functional help centre. Generally, artists and users can sort out problems concerning account management, data protection, privacy, two-factor authentication (2FA), auto-renewal and cancellation of subscription plans, processing of transactions, and payment of taxes. They will get adequate support via email, chat, and phone.
Key factors to consider before launching an OnlyFans clone platform
- Legal compliance – Undoubtedly, OnlyFans is an international phenomenon. It has united content creators, celebrities, influencers, and cybersurfers in every nook and corner of the world. Likewise, entrepreneurs need to comply with different data protection and privacy laws. It includes adhering to the guidelines of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 2016. Hence, this would ensure non-stop functioning without intervention from regulatory bodies.
- Dislikes and interests of the target audience – The Internet era has resulted in the explosion of content. Today, users prefer to watch content in multiple forms like audio recordings, emojis, GIFs, memes, photos, videos, and stories. While OnlyFans is acclaimed for its monthly subscription plans, trends are changing now. This is because of tier-based content consumption. Mediapreneurs can enable celebrities and models to offer tiered subscription plans (quarterly, yearly, and annually). They can provide lucrative discounts to first-time watchers. These freebies and giveaways can be increased depending on the duration of the subscription. Premium users will receive instant updates about the posts of well-known personalities.
- Formulating contracts between creators and fans – “Users pay and content creators will earn revenue”. Accordingly, an agreement will make things clear and prevent disputes. All stakeholders would have to abide by terms and conditions. This is related to the cancellation and renewal of subscription plans, licensing of photos and videos, posting of content, and referral of new artists.
Willing to leap ahead of your competitors in the tech world? Entrepreneurs can disclose business goals to an app development company and achieve them with an OnlyFans clone.