Power BI course or simple Power BI is a Microsoft tool that converts your unstructured data into visuals and helps you read and understand the information in a better way.
Microsoft’s latest data visualization and business intelligence tools enable users to create attractive and interactive dashboards and monitor their businesses across multiple devices.
Power BI is a cloud-based platform provided by Azure. It integrates with Excel and Office 365, making it widely popular worldwide.
Microsoft offers the following Power BI platforms:
- For Android/IOS: Power BI Mobile
- For Software as a Service: Power BI Service
- For Desktop: Power BI Desktop
Careers with Power BI:
Power BI is one of the fastest-growing analytical tools worldwide. Used by top companies like HCL, Wipro, Infosys, Deloitte, Rolls Royce Holdings PLC, Dell, Meijer, etc., it assures you of attractive job prospects in the market.
The following career options are available if you take a power BI certification:
- Power BI Business Analyst
- Power BI Analyst
- Power BI Developer
- Power BI Data Analyst
- Power BI Software Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer
Best Power BI Certification in 2022:
1. Microsoft Power BI Certification Training Course: DA-100
Business Analysts use this 4-days instructor-led power bi training to analyze business data for maximum benefit.
The prerequisites for this power bi course are:
- Knowledge of basic data concepts
- Experience in working with relational data in the cloud
- Knowledge of data analysis and visualization
- Knowledge of the working of non-relational data in the cloud
The objective of this power bi certification is:
- Describing key features of self-service BI
- Defining Power BI and its various products
- Connecting multiple data sources to optimize data models
- Power BI Data visualization
- Describing the Power BI developer API
- Describing the Power BI Mobile application
- Combining and shaping data from different sources
- Creating reports and managing solutions on Power BI
This power bi certification exam is 180 minutes and consists of 40-60 questions.
This power bi certification cost is USD 165 and is available in English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
2. Introduction to Power BI:
This 1-day power bi certification course will teach you to build interactively visual dashboards and reports. It is ideal for Business Analysts, Business users, Functional Consultants, etc., who work with big data.
Completing this Microsoft Certification will enable you to view the workings of Power BI from a user’s perspective and learn its business value.
Candidates must know about working in Excel.
3. Microsoft Data Analyst with Excel & Power BI:
This combo course of 5-days is ideal for data analyst professionals having a large part of their work in Excel. This Microsoft power bi certification course teaches you advanced Excel and understanding data handling and data visualization.
No prerequisites apply for this power bi certification except basic knowledge of computers and excel.
On completing this Microsoft certification, the candidate learns how to:
- Manage workbook options and settings
- Manage and format data
- Create advanced formulas and macros
- Manage advanced charts and tables
- Microsoft Power Bi
- Ingest, clean, and transform data
- Model data for performance and scalability
- Design and create reports for data analysis
- Apply and perform advanced report analytics
- Manage and share report assets
- Create paginated reports in Power BI
4. Preparing Your Data for Power BI:
This power bi training is ideal for BI developers, analysts, and SQL professionals. It includes introducing the candidate to the basics of SQL BI semantics model tabular mode, DLX, etc.
Completing this Microsoft course will enable the user to:
- Understand Analysis Services Installation and Architecture: One Product, Two Models.
- Understand version changes: Server Analysis Services.
- Understand important terms.
- Understand and utilize Server Data Tools for Tabular.
- Understand and use projects.
- Understand and use importing and many more.
5. Power BI Developer:
This power bi certification teaches the candidate to create visualizations, import data, and integrate reports and dashboards into the customized application.
This Microsoft Certification teaches you to:
- Programming in M
- Developing custom data connectors that can be shared across Power BI Desktop projects using reusable query logic
- Developing custom visuals using Node.JS, Typescript, and Visual Studio code
- Programming using the Power BI Service API to automate tasks such as uploading PBIX files
- Power BI embedding features
- Embedding dashboards and reports when developing custom applications
- Building real-time dashboard solutions using streaming and pushing datasets.
- Leveraging the support in Power BI for the R data analytics platform by writing R scripts for Power BI Desktop and by developing R custom visuals
If you want a data analytics career, a power bi certification will give your career the correct boost.