Use These 7 Soothing Yin Yoga Poses to Calm Anxiety
If you are having a very stressful day, it’s time to catch some Yin Poses to calm down your anxiety level. The moment you feel stressed, and your anxiety level is at its zenith, get on your mat and try out the following Yin poses which will not only relieve you from your stress but will also make you feel relaxed and nourish your body with energy. Before we study more about Yin Yoga, we would like to inform you that you can get the best educational content and technology content on our platform. Besides, you get GotoAssignmentHelp.com services for your assignments and increase your marks.
Relaxing Yin Yoga for Stress Relief
Yin Yoga is a slow-paced style of yoga that follows the asanas for longer periods of time and incorporates principles of traditional Chinese medicine. It is a more meditative approach to yoga as one stays in one asana for more than 45 seconds and experienced ones stay more than 5 minutes. Yin Yoga brings flexibility to the body and helps in the concentration of the energy through the inner silence. So, one must follow the following 7 postures to calm the anxiety. Below are the top 7 Yin Yoga Poses which you should try:
7 Soothing Yin Yoga Poses
- Butterfly: By sitting on the mat, bring the soles of your feet to touch each other and open your knees like a butterfly. You feel the stretch when your heels are closer to the body. Inhale as you lengthen the spine and exhale to move your hands forward on the mat. Relax your chin down towards your chest and take a couple of deep inhales and exhales to release tension. It calms your nervous system and brings peace within.
- Dragonfly: Sit on your mat with your legs stretched on the sides and flex your toes up towards the sky. Sit up tall and make your spine straight, exhale as you crawl your hands forward at your comfortable distance, and take a few deep breaths. Relax your head and shoulders and release any tension from the hips.
- Melting heart: Start your yoga with your hands and knees on the mat with a tabletop position. Keeping your hips over your knees, crawl your hands forward on the mat and lower your forehead down. By lengthening the arms, keep your chest on the mat and take some deep breaths. This posture takes the stress away from the chest and shoulders.
- Cat Tail: At first lie on your back and lengthen your left leg on the mat while hugging your right leg into your chest. Inhale and then exhale and use your left hand to cross your right thigh across your body to make it look like a twist. Keep your head up to gaze over your right shoulder and switch sides after two minutes. This twist takes away your stress.
- Sleeping swan: Make a tabletop position with your hands and knees. Pick up your right leg and keep the shin forward by positioning your knee behind your right wrist. Flex the toes back and straighten your left leg behind you. Inhale to lengthen your spine and exhale while crawling the hands forward in the mat.
- Stirrup: Lie down on your back and lift your feet off the ground. Hug your knees towards your chest and keep your upper arms inside your thighs. By keeping your lower back flat on the mat, reach your hands to the outer edges of your feet and catch hold of your ankles or calves, or thighs. This pose relaxes your mind while stretching your hips and lower back.
- Savasana: This pose is also known as “corpse pose” and is the ultimate de-stressor. Lie on your back with your legs and feet stretched long and wideout. Turn your palm up and allow your toes to fall outward. Take a deep breath and exhale out of your mouth. Surrender for at least five minutes and relax.
These are the best Yin Poses for your anxiety and hope you have understood them. Stop waiting anymore and try them out. Also do not forget to visit our site, Assignment Help India to get your assignments done quickly with our assignment help services.